Biogas Measurement & Analysis
Using Infrared Portable Gas Detector Type PGD3-IR
For the measurement and analysis of Methane, Carbon Dioxide, Oxygen and Hydrogen Sulphide
- Uses dual infrared gas sensors to accurately measure up to 100% volume of both methane and carbon dioxide.
- Analysis of the Methane and Carbon Dioxide levels can be carried out independently of the Oxygen and Hydrogen Sulphide.
- Internal pump as standard.
- Provided with a Biogas Sampling Kit.
- Robust construction - high impact resistance.
- Data Logging in 3 modes.
- Peak readings facility.
- Displays in scientific units
- Sensor zero function.
- Fully reprogrammable without removal from protective case.
- Serial number and calibration due dates stored within instrument.
- Display contrast adjustable via instrument menu.
- Display backlighting.
- Power and Fault indicators.
- Low battery alarm.
- Choice of mains powered or vehicle powered chargers.
- Calibration via a PC using specially designed Windows software.
- Extensive software support.
- Protective rubber case and body harness.
Baseefa 03ATEX0235X | Code II 2G EEx ia IIC T3 | Zones 0, 1, 2
Download Certificate - (see pages 7 & 8 )
Biogas typically refers to a gas produced by the biological breakdown of organic matter in the absence of oxygen. Biogas is comprised primarily of methane and carbon dioxide. It originates from biogenic material and is a type of biofuel. Biogas is a product of the anaerobic digestion or fermentation of biodegradable materials such as manure, sewage, municipal waste, and energy crops. Other types of biogas include wood gas which is created by gasification of wood or other biomass.
The Status Mentor PGD3-IR Gas Detector uses the latest miniature infrared technology for the accurate measurement of the methane and carbon dioxide levels.
Each of these sensors has a 0-100% Volume measurement range which is makes them particularly suitable for the analysis of biogas. The analysis of the carbon dioxide level has previously been measured by subtracting the values of all other gases present from 100. The introduction of the PGD3-IR analyser means that for the first time the level of carbon dioxide can be measured accurately. The use of an infrared sensor for methane measurement means that the sensor cannot become poisoned if high levels of H2S are present. The mean life expectancy of the infrared sensor is therefore much higher than with a traditional pellistor type sensor such that it could reasonably be expected that the sensor will last at least 5 years.
The Status Mentor PGD3-IR Biogas Instrument is fitted with the following sensors: -
- 0-100% Volume Methane.
- 0-100% Volume Carbon Dioxide.
- 0-25% Oxygen.
- 0- 200ppm Hydrogen Sulphide.
In addition to this, the instrument is also issued as standard with: -
- Internal Pump.
- Biogas Sampling Kit.
- Data Logging.
- Mains Charger.
Biogas Sampling Kit
Click on the picture to enlarge.
This probe is for use with the Biogas version of Portable Gas Detector. It consists of a conical steel probe, filter, tubing and pressure regulator/adaptor which fit into the gas sensor inlet of the instrument. The probe fits into the wall of the Biogas vessel and relies upon the internal pressure within the vessel to force the sample into the gas detector inlet. The pressure regulator can be used to adjust the pressure in order to prevent over pressurisation of the gas sensors which could otherwise cause erroneous readings.
Biogas Detector - Order Codes
|SS961P||PGD3-IR - Biogas (Methane/Carbon Dioxide/Oxygen/H2S)|
|SS112||Biogas Sampling Kit|
The following option can be ordered by the addition of a suffix to the basic instrument stock number listed in the table as follows:-
H - Fitted with a suspension hook and belt clip