Gas Detector Control Panel
Single Channel - Wall Mount
Type MCU1 - For use with an integral or remote fixed gas detector head.
- Integral sensor options comprise CO2 (Infrared), oxygen, or a wide range of toxic sensors.
- Can be used with the full range of Status Scientific Controls fixed gas detector heads - certified types require use of an integral safety barrier.
- Green, amber and red flashing indicators in lens section.
- Alphanumeric display with backlight.
- Full calibration menu via external push buttons.
- Integral audible alarm.
- Internal sealed lead-acid standby battery option.
- Internal safety barrier option.
- Lockable door.
- Water and dust proof to IP66.
- Compatible with industry standard gas detectors and other sensors.
The MCU1 is a single channel, wall mounting, monitoring and control unit for use in a safe area where there is no risk of the presence of potentially explosive gases. It can be used in either of the following ways:-
1. Fitted with an integral CO2 (Infrared), oxygen, or toxic sensor for safe area use only.
2. Connected to a remote CO2 (Infrared), oxygen, or a toxic gas detector head for safe area use only.
3. Fitted with an internal (or external) safety barrier and connected to a remote certified intrinsically safe (Ex ia) flammable, oxygen or toxic gas detector head sited in a hazardous area. (The range of heads includes flammable and CO2 (Infrared) types).
4. Connected to a remote flameproof (Ex d) certified flammable, oxygen or toxic gas detector head sited in a hazardous area. (The range of heads includes flammable and CO2 (Infrared) types). In this case a safety barrier is not necessary.
Internal Safety Barrier
For applications where the gas detector head (or other sensor type) is sited in a potentially explosive atmosphere, a safety barrier must be fitted in order to limit the maximum voltage and current under a fault condition (e.g. short circuit) such that an incendive spark cannot be created. Where suitable*, the internal safety barrier shown above may be fitted within the control unit. This can either be fitted at the time of manufacture (where requested) or at a later time if the system is extended by the installation of additional detectors.
*Note that some installations may neccessitate the use of external barriers sited at the safe area/hazardous area interface - see the accessories page.
Click on the appropriate Data Sheet Number below to download in pdf format.
|Data Sheet No.||Description||File Size|
|SS501||MCU1 Single Channel Control Unit|
|SS502||MCU1 Internall Lead-Acid Standby Battery|
|SS503||Internal Safety Barrier|